Lithuanian Music Information and Publishing Centre (LMIPC) was established in 1995 on the initiative of the Lithuanian Composers' Union. From 2001 LMIPC works as a non-government, non-profit public organization, founded by the Lithuanian Composers' Union. From 2006 LMIPC also runs Music Export Lithuania project.
Mission statement: to make music created by the Lithuanian artists accessible, to get it performed and heard. In carrying out its role LMIPC documents, provides access to, and actively promotes music by the Lithuanian artists. LMIPC serves the needs of people professionally involved with music.
Since 2006 LMIPC covers all genres of music ranging from pop / rock, electronic, jazz, to contemporary classical music.
Infrastructure & Services
Music Export Lithuania
Organizational Structure of the LMIPC
INFRASTRUCTURE & SERVICES
At the LMIPC you will find:
- manuscript library with orchestral, chamber, choral scores and parts by Lithuanian classical and contemporary composers, manuscripts and copies (c. 3.800 works);
- library of published works by Lithuanian classical and contemporary composers (c. 1.800 publications);
- sound library of Lithuanian classical and contemporary music (c. 4.300 recorded works)
- online data bank on Lithuanian music and artists, since 2006 expanding in all genres - classical / contemporary, jazz, pop / rock, electronica, traditional, etc.
- team of LMIPC is ready to answer your inquiry on repertoire for concrete instrument(s) or ensembles; it is our task to provide an information service that involves maintaining different our libraries and data; we will help you to come up with tailor-made solution for your every inquiry;
- at LMIPC you can listen to the work or see the score;
- here you can acquire the copy of the manuscript; published works should be purchased directly from the publisher;
- at LMIPC you can hire scores and parts of the orchestral works.
To make the most valuable part of the Lithuanian classical contemporary repertoire available, since 1997 LMIPC has been publishing scores and CDs.
Lithuanian Classical Series
LMIPC also continually publishes popular chamber music compositions, which to date reaching over 100 compositions.
LMIPC's catalogue include over 70 CD releases. LMIPC also releases promotional CDs and their series.
The LMIPC pursues active promotion of Lithuanian classical and contemporary music among performers, organizers of music events, broadcasters, journalists, sending and giving out the packages of CDs, scores, catalogues, brochures, and other material, as well as organizes visits to Lithuania for music journalists and other interested parties.
The LMIPC also collaborates with the international recording companies, licencing the recordings for release in various markets world-wide.
The LMIPC publishes Lithuanian Music Link (printed and online version, Lithuanian and English languages), semiannual newsletter on Lithuanian contemporary composers and their music, providing information on recent developments in the field.
MUSIC EXPORT LITHUANIA
Initiated in July 2006 to assist in furthering the work of Lithuanian music creators, the project Music Export Lithuania is aiming to maintain close contacts with all relevant parties in the Lithuanian music industry and facilitate exports of the Lithuanian music production.
Music Export Lithuania
- represents Lithuanian music industry at the international music trade fairs by providing a stand for Lithuanian participants, in co-operation with Lithuanian music professionals organizes sales initiatives and showcases;
- develops an extensive Lithuanian music website, as a gate to various musics in Lithuania;
- collects and distributes export-related information about the industry and opportunities to Lithuanian music professionals as well as keeps international music industry professionals up to date on new developments in the Lithuanian music industry;
- seeks to co-promote products of Lithuanian music companies.
The partner of the project is the Lithuanian Copyright Protection Association LATGA.
STAFF OF THE LMIPC
Linas Paulauskis - Director
Veronika Janatjeva - Communication and Publishing Manager, email@example.com
Rimantė Sodeikienė - Manager of Music Export Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robertas Budrys - Database and Website Editor (part-time, classical/contemporary music), email@example.com
LMIPC collaborators: Göran Bergendal, Jurij Dobriakov, Eglė Grigaliūnaitė-Bertašienė, Eglė Gudžinskaitė, Sigutė Ilgauskaitė, Ramunė Kazlauskaitė, Jūratė Kučinskaitė, Ugnius Liogė, Šarūnas Nakas, Loreta Narvilaitė, Lina Navickaitė-Martinelli, Daiva Parulskienė, Rūta Stanevičiūtė, Mindaugas Urbaitis, Renata Varanavičiūtė, Ramūnas Zilnys and many other friends.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate contact us:
Tel: +370 5 2726986, +370 5 2123027
Fax: +370 5 2120939
Lithuanian Music Information and Publishing Centre is a member of the International Association of Music Information Centres
The website of LMIPC is supported by the Lithuanian Media Foundation.